Tel : (852) 3963 5414
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Victor is an applied linguist who is interested in language learning and teaching. He speaks English, Cantonese, Mandarin, German, Spanish, and Korean, and is currently learning Thai. He holds a PhD degree in Applied Linguistics from The University of Hong Kong. He is a postdoctoral research fellow at The Chinese University of Hong Kong. His research interests include second language writing, computer-assisted language learning, feedback and assessment, student engagement, digital literacy, second language acquisition, sociolinguistics, identity and language learning, etc.
- Zhang, Z. (2021). Promoting student engagement with feedback: Insights from collaborative pedagogy and teacher feedback. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education. (SSCI)
- Zhang, Z. (2020). Learner engagement and language learning: A narrative study of a good language learner. The Language Learning Journal. (ESCI)
- Zhang, Z. (2020). Engaging with automated writing evaluation (AWE) feedback on L2 writing: Student perceptions and revisions. Assessing Writing, 43, 100439. (SSCI)
- Zhang, Z., & Zhang, Y. (2018). Automated writing evaluation (AWE) system: Tapping its potential for learner engagement. IEEE Engineering Management Review, 46(3), 29-33.
- Zhang, Z., & Hyland, K. (2018). Student engagement with teacher and automated feedback on L2 writing. Assessing Writing, 36, 90-102. (SSCI)
- Zhang, Z. (2017). EFL students’ response to assessment feedback in English debate: A process-focused perspective. The Asian Journal of Applied Linguistics, 4(2), 197-210.
- Zhang, Z. (2017). Student engagement with computer-generated feedback: a case study. ELT Journal, 71(3), 317-328. (SSCI)
- Zhang, Z. (2020). Exploring student engagement with automated writing evaluation (AWE) feedback on second language writing. Paper presented at the The Second International Perspectives on Assessing World Languages Conferences, Cairo, Egypt.
- Zhang, Z. (2017). Learner engagement with automated writing evaluation (AWE) feedback on academic writing. Paper presented at The Second International Conference MOOCs, Language Learning and Mobility, Naples Italy.
- Zhang, Z. (2017). Student engagement with feedback on L2 writing: A case study of two L2 students. Paper presented at Faces of English 2: Teaching and Researching Academic and Professional English, Hong Kong.
- Zhang, Z. (2017). EFL student engagement with computer-generated feedback on English writing: A case study. Paper presented at The 6th International Conference on English, Discourse and Intercultural Communication, Macau.
- Zhang, Z. (2016). Student engagement with feedback on their writing: Case studies on English majors in two Chinese universities. Paper presented at Symposium on Second language Writing 2016, Tempe, AZ, USA.
- Zhang, Z. (2016). L2 students’ engagement with teacher feedback. Paper presented at The 24th Korea TESOL International Conference, Seoul, Korea.
Professional and Community Services
Reviewer for peer-reviewed journals including Journal of Second Language Writing, Computer Assisted Language Learning, Assessing Writing, Journal of English for Academic Purposes, Computers & Education, The Asia-Pacific Education Researcher, Ibérica, The Asian Journal of Applied Linguistics, etc.
- Dr. Barbara Kwok Young Postdoctoral Researcher Travel Grants 2019-20
- Reaching Out Award 2016-2017, Education Bureau of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region