EdD (Northeastern University)
Tel : (852) 3963 5410
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Holly Chung is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of English, the Hang Seng University of Hong Kong. As the HSUHK’s Teaching Excellence awardee (2014/15 and 2017/18), and also one of the top ten teachers nominated by students with good online teaching practices (2019/20). As the organiser of TEDxHSUHK and the initiator of HSUHK Toastmasters Club, Dr Chung is dedicated to fostering innovative pedagogy to meet the ever-changing on-site and online needs of students in the education of English language.
Committed to the study of English, she majored in English and Translation in her undergraduate study and then sociolinguistics in her postgraduate journey. Her passion for this language has further grown to its teaching as a second language, leading to her pursuit of a postgraduate diploma of Education with the concentration in English-language. Holly is also keen on building a bridge between her research endeavours and her role as a teaching practitioner, steering her towards the completion of her Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership.
Dr Chung has nearly 15 years of experience as an English-language teacher. She is also engaged in reference book writing in areas like creative writing and collocation. Committed to promoting English-language to all walks of life, she is also the host of an English-language educational programme broadcast in a local TV channel. She once worked as a freelance translator and interpreter for legal firms and publishing houses, and a subtitle writer and editor for English-language TV programmes. She is also the English-language consultant, script writer, and host of an English-language television programme, Game On, broadcast weekly on a local television channel, ViuTV.
- Chung, H. H. Y., & Lam, P. C., (2021). Youthful, knowledgeable and compassionate: Analysis of social media identities performed by the youth through Instagram. Journal of Communication and Education, 5(1), 74-92.
- Lam, P. C., & Chung, H. H. Y. (2021). Teaching creatively in Hong Kong higher education sector: Transition from the teacher-centered approach to the creative teaching approach. Journal of Communication and Education, 5(1), 57-73.
- Leung, Y. L., Xie, T. T., & Chung, H. Y. (2021). All the Happiest Places on Earth: Cross-cultural Management of the Six Disney Theme Parks. The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong Business Review: Special Issue on Ethics and Sustainability (including Junzi), 3(1), 41-50.
- Lin, W. J., Wu, B., & Chung, H. Y. (2021). More than a Physical Sense: Re-definition of Environmental Sustainability of Social-Issue-Focused Social Enterprises (SIFSE). The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong Business Review: Special Issue on Ethics and Sustainability (including Junzi), 3(2), 32-40.
- Poon, A., Yuen, W. K., Chung, H. Y., Lei, H. W. (2021). Sustainable Growth for the 88th Year: A Bank’s Virtue of Wisdom and Sustainability. The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong Business Review: Special Issue on Ethics and Sustainability (including Junzi), 3(2), 14-21.
- Chung, H. Y. (2020). Reading Hong Kong in a new light: Anna Tso’s Hong Kong Stories (2017, 2018, 2019). Dialogue: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Popular Culture and Pedagogy. 7(2).
- Chung, H. Y. (2006). Language and Gender Representations in the Reality Television Show Survivor: the Amazon. [MPhil thesis, Department of English, The University of Hong Kong.]
- Chung, H.Y. (2019). English: From a Hobby to a Habit [英文．習慣成語言]. Mingpao Publications.
- Chung, H. Y., & Ong, C, W. (2011). 500 Common Collocations You Need to Know: Yes! That’s How We Say It! Hung Fung Publishing Co. (Ltd).
- Chung, H.Y., & Spoon, M. (2008). Creative Thinking and Writing. Witman Publishing Co. (Ltd).