Scholarships for Outstanding SHSS Students
Scholarships for Outstanding SHSS Students (School of Humanities and Social Science) (香港恒生大學人文社會科學學院卓越獎學金) is set up to encourage outstanding students who are admitted to the programmes of School of Humanities and Social Science at the Hang Seng University of Hong Kong for their ﬁrst year of study.
There shall be a maximum of three scholarships, HK$50,000 each, in the academic year 2022/23.
Eligibility & Criteria
● Registered as a full-time undergraduate student in the programmes offered by School of Humanities and Social Science in the academic year 2022/23;
● Attained Level 4 or above in English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE), or equivalent, for year-l entry students;
● Attained CGPA of 3.0 or above from previous institutions for registered as senior-year entry students in the programme;
● Demonstrate good performance (CGPA 2.8 or above) in the ﬁrst semester of the academic year 2022/23;
● Show good command of spoken and written English;
● Have a strong commitment to serving the community;
● Express great interest in the English language; and
● Performance in the selection interview.
(Priority will be given to students with financial needs.)
For further details, please refer to the information provided by the Student Affairs Office.
Scholarship for Prospective English Teachers
The Scholarship for Prospective English Teachers (the Scholarship) is set up by the Education Bureau, the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as one of a series of measures to enhance the professionalism of English teachers in Hong Kong. The aim of the Scholarship is to attract persons proficient in English to pursue relevant local bachelor degree programmes and/ or teacher training programmes which will qualify them to become English teachers on graduation.
Please refer to the information provided by the Registry.