Tel : (852) 3963 5404
Email : email@example.com
Mr Rhett Yu obtained an MA in English (Applied English Linguistics) from the Chinese University of Hong Kong and a BA in English (First Class Honours) from the Hang Seng University of Hong Kong. His research interests include corpus linguistics, lexico-semantics, and Hong Kong learner English. Mr. Yu is an advocate of using corpus-based or corpus-informed materials in the classroom, and in doing so accomplish two goals: a) raising students’ awareness of the fluid nature of the English language in our globalized world, and b) providing them with authentic examples of the language to enhance their vocabulary learning for more effective writing and speaking.
- Bui, G., & Yu, R. (2021). Differentiating task repetition from task rehearsal. In S. N. P. Rao & L. Mukhopadhyay (Eds.), Task-based language teaching and assessment: Contemporary reflections from across the world. Singapore: Springer.
- Bui, G., & Yu, R. (2019). Spaced multi-draft composing and feedback in mainland Chinese English as a foreign language secondary school writing literacy. In B. Reynolds & M. F. Teng (Eds.), English literacy instruction for Chinese speakers (pp. 127–141). Singapore: Palgrave Macmillan. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-6653-6_8 [Scopus-indexed]
- Principal Investigator of HSUHK Teaching Development Grants project: “Voices Unheard: HSUHK Undergraduate Journal”. (September 2020 – August 2022) Amount: HK$70,000.
- ENG1001 University English (I)
- ENG1010 English for Effective Communication
- ENG2010 English for Academic Purposes
- ENG2020 English for Business Communication
- ENG4000 English Proficiency Course
- Resident Tutor, Patrick SC Poon Amity College